A lot of times my friends ask me what to put in their cute purses for a first date. Here are my MUST HAVE first date items that I never leave home without on a first date!
- Emergency Cash. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you have to ditch your date because he or she is getting too fresh, or worse, their car breaks down (yes this has happened to me before) you might have to hail a cab! I usually take an extra $20 in my wallet just in case!
- My ID. Also a no-brainer. I love myself a good margarita, so don’t forget it at home, ladies!!
- Mascara. I once read to never walk out the door without mascara on. Since I was a teenager I have taken this to heart, and I always have a tube on me. What if you go to a sad movie and cry your eyes out at the end?! Just excuse yourself to the bathroom and reapply!
- Lipstick or chapstick. Since you’re probably going to be eating or drinking SOMEthing on the date, make sure to bring lipstick to reapply! And if lipstick isn’t your thing, bring chapstick to keep those lips soft and smooth, just in case he or she is cute and you wanna kiss them!
- Breath mints or gum. In the same vein as the above post, to keep that breath fresh!
- Travel-sized deodorant or perfume. I recommend this for my outdoor dates, like putt-putt! They have cute little travel sizes in lots of stores like Target or Wal Mart! Just excuse yourself to go freshen up!
- Pepper-spray. My best friend has a cute little pink one on her keychain. I may seem paranoid, but safety is always first on dates, especially if you’re going to be out late and your drove yourself. If your date doesn’t walk you to your car, then it’s really nice to have some kind of protection!
- Bobby pins. We’ve all been there. You go out dancing with your date or your friends and your hair looks great, then 20 minutes later you go into the bathroom and it’s a total mess! Bobby pins are a LIFE SAVER! You can throw your hair into a cute undo or a half-up, half-down style, then continue on dancing!!
- A book. This may seem a little off, but I’m a huge reader. If your date keeps you waiting or needs to go outside for a smoke and your phone is about to die, just whip out a book and entertain yourself for a few minutes! This has come in handy with me a surprising amount of times.
- A sweater. Usually I keep this in my car (or their car if they drove you), but I find it’s considerate to bring a sweater that goes with your outfit, just in case you’re out later than you thought and it gets chilly! It’s better you both be warm than he gives you his jacket and freezes to death!
Alright guys, these are the 10 most essential things I bring on dates! I hope you enjoyed reading them! Let me know what YOU can’t leave home without on your dates in the comments, and tell me if I missed any!!